Friday 1 February 2019

January 2019 Lookback

This is going to sound so cliche, but my heavens this month has been lonnnnng hasn't it! Normally I find time goes quickly, but I guess running out of money and with the weather being so horrible the days have just dragged. That being said January hasn't been all that bad, I have kept fairly busy and had some good news too.



Harley

As most of you know if you are regular readers that is, I have been having a tough time with Harley, getting her reactive behavior under control has been a challenge, to say the least. We recently went to a new training class with Happy Pets Norwich and my god, it has changed the game completely! Even after just one session this week has been so much calmer, I can not wait to see what the next 5 weeks hold. 


Friends

My best friend, Christie, got married back in December and announced that she was pregnant. A very unexpected piece of news, but awesome nonetheless and now we know the sex! I had it in my head that she was going to have a little girl, I don't know why entirely just had a feeling. When these turn out to be correct though, it is an amazing turn of events. Now we know for sure that the Mini O'G will be a true Mini O'G! 

Life Lessons

This is a new one on me, I am adding this in, one because it is funny and I acknowledge how dumb I look. Two well, because I cannot be the only person to have done silly stuff like this, and three, this is me. 

Yes, I actually did not know that there was a leaver to pop the bonnet open a little to make it easier to open it fully. I used to just wriggle my fingers under the gap and find the yellow thing to release the bonnet. It has always worked, so I never questioned it. 


I have also really started to de-clutter my life this month. I suppose that ties in with January spring cleaning, though I didn't quite do it for that, I just had a surge to get things sorted. Mainly after deciding, I wanted a capsule wardrobe and watching Tidy Up with Marie Kondo and discovering the KonMarie Method

It all started with One Midi Skirt and Two Looks, which lead to two bin bags full of clothes going to charity. I was still left with a wardrobe full of winter clothes and another portable wardrobe rack of summer clothes! I have since moved onto cupboards where I have hoarded things for years, including empty boxes, and I mean countless empty boxes... why keep empty boxes? 

I can say without a doubt that since starting this process I do feel so much better at home, decluttering your home will help you to declutter your life. 

Life in General

Considering how I have been last year, I am feeling pretty good. I have seen several friends this month and kept to arrangements. Gone out to meals with people that I wouldn't normally associate with, which has taken me out of my comfort zone. 

Mum has stuck to her promise and we have actually seen each other more, going out for a meal earlier in the month and catching up recently. Taking time to see each other alone has been a really nice change and I feel like it is the right way to a new place for us.

The main big lesson I want to take away from this month and bring forward is to budget and be better with my money! Something I think alot of us should be. 

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig