Wednesday 24 August 2016

How Much is Your Face?

With my big make-up splurges lately I thought it would be fun and also probably scary to actually see how much my face is worth.


I am going to go from the first steps of my facial routine to the final touches of setting sprays.

First things first is to properly prepare your face by cleansing your face, every evening and morning I cleanse my face using the Kojac Facial Sponge (£6.99) and bareMinerals Deep Cleansing Foam (£15.00). I have since found that this has now been discontinued, to say I am disappointed is an understatement. Every evening after I cleanse, I finish a deeply nourishing balm, Neals Yard Remedies Wild Rose Beauty Balm (£38.00).


Next step is foundation preparation, starting with the Neals Yard Remedies Frankincense Intense Eye Cream (£45.00) and Dermalogica Oil Control Lotion (£29.20) applied to my t-zone and chin. This is followed by the Hangover Face Primer by Too Faced (£27.00).



Total Face Prep = £161.19 ouch!

Next up is the make-up starting with the Born This Way Foundation in Nude (£29.00) or Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation SPF 15 (£34.00), applied with the Blank Canvas F20 (£12.66). My concealer usually MAC Select Cover up (£16.00) or Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (£36.50) these are usually applied using the MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre Face Bruch (£28.00). I also apply Elizabeth Arden Correcting and Perfector  in shade 01 (£23.00), to help remove my dark circles and highlight certain areas.



Total Base = £179.16, christ this is adding up.

Once the base is done I move onto contouring and my eyebrows. I usually start off with my Stila All Over Shimmer Luminizer on the tops of my cheek bones (£16.00). Next is the Bronzer by Nars, Liquid Bronzer in Laguna (£26.50) applied using the Pixie Full Cover Foundation Brush (£18.00)

I will then move onto my eyebrows and use the Brow Definer by Anastasia Beverly Hills (£16.00).



This totals to £76.50.

Finally I would move on to my eyes using the Too Faced Chocolate Palette (£39.00) applied with a number of brushes by Exposed and Real Techniques. Exposed eyeshadow brush (£2.95) and Real Techniques Starter Kit (£20.99).

I finish off my eye look with Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner (£19.00) and the Marc Jacobs Fineliner Utra Skinny Big Eyes Gel Liner (£20.00) and Lash Domination by bareMinerals (£19.00).


Total for my eyes is £110.94.

I will the finish my face off using my Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation (£27.00) and the Arbonne Setting Pretty Translucent Loose Powder Broad Spectrum SPF 15  (£28.00) applied with Mr. Right  Perfect Powder Brush (£30.00). Never forgetting cheeks I use my Nars Blusher in Sin (£23.00) is then applied using the Nyx Pro brush 03, Multi Purpose Buffing (£14.00). I then go over my bronzed areas lightly with my Nars Blusher in Madly (£23.00), using the Luxie Rose Gold Large Angled Face Brush 504 (£10.42). I finish off the look by lightly applying my Nars Highlighting Blush in Albatross (£23.00) with my Real Techniques Setting Brush (£6.99). 





I almost forgot the most important part my lips, I don't always use the same lipstick. That in mind I use the Too Faced Lip Primer (£14.50) and at the moment the Too Faced Melted Matte Liquid Lipstick (£19.00).


All finalised with a spritz of Nyx Matte Setting Spray (£7.00).

The final stage comes to £225.91.

All of my face totals to a whooping £754.41. That is bloody incredible! I thought it would be in that region and in my opinion it's all worth it especially when you consider how long it all lasts me. Don't get me wrong I couldn't afford to replace all of it in one go, but spreading it out you don't even notice it.

Have you worked out how much your face is worth? Put your links in the comments below.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig