Thursday 18 August 2016

Recognising Your Worth


"Be Yourself Everyone Else is Taken!"


"Ugh why would anyone want me, look at me, I'm not as skinny as I used to be" 

"I don't do anything special, I am not special"

These thoughts are common in my head and after being single for so long I find myself getting lonely and putting myself down. I also suffer from anxiety and really don't recognise my worth. I find myself looking at myself and hating what I see in the mirror. 

Although my career seems to be on track, with my starting to work towards chartership and having my own home, although not owned it is my home. That said I still don't think my life is where it should be, especially when I see my godson and see his wonderful parents so happy together. You can't help but compare and wonder, "will I ever have that?"

After several months of self evaluation I decided I would try to knock out the negativity and I thought I would do a post on "Recognising Your Worth" mainly to pick myself and to help others out in realising you are great and beautiful in and out. 

I thought about what makes me happy and in all honesty it is my dog and writing on here, my blog. As well as the usual seeing friends and family. 

You have to realise that you can't make anyone else happy or be happy with anyone until you are happy and proud with how you are now and be happy alone. I know it's old advice but seriously it is true. 

“Your outlook on life is a direct reflection on how much you like yourself.” ~ Lululemon

Marilyn Monroe is such an inspirational character and she was such an amazing woman, still giving women confidence today. "Everyone's a Star and deserves to Twinkle" - Marilyn Monroe

After much deliberation I decided I would work on my blog more and try to improve as much as possible. Improve my writing skills and focus on making myself  and blog more professional.

1. Realise you're wanted.

After reading through some old texts and emails I realised my nearest and dearest think very highly of me and have some amazing things to say.

"What’s so cool about you is your so easy to talk to about well…..fucking anything….. even if its dirty…or wanting a shoulder of support….that’s an awesome quality in any person ….. x"
"My best friend Kim is a gorgeous, lovable, fun and intelligent 24 year old, although she seems to pick the wrong men!
She has a magnetic unique personality and doesn't take herself too seriously, she always seems to be laughing. 
She loves spending time with her family and friends, always wanting to go watch the latest film, going out for long doggy walks in the country, and gaming. She may come across as slightly ditzy, but she is intelligent with a very professional job. She has a big heart, very caring and loyal. 
This girl is an absolute catch and probably won't be single for long! But hopefully she can meet someone who deserves her." - From a dating site Suzanne one of my best friends set up for me. 

"You're always there for me"
"You're worth more than being treated like shit"
"Love you, you weird tough cookie"
"You're sweet"
"You're precious" 
Christie was kind enough to write the following for me :). "We have known each other now for a number of years and although we didn't have the best start to our friendship we have only got stronger and closer since. I remember over 10 years ago now burring you a JoJo CD and dancing around your bedroom to our favourite songs. Going for chips instead of Art lessons, getting cups of tea and mini eggs from the garage. You have been there for me throughout all of these years. We have seen each other happy, sad and every emotion in-between. I know I can always count on you for advice when it comes to absolutely anything and I completely trust that what I say to you will not go any further. Even though we don't see each other as often as I'd like as we are both so busy, every time we are reunited it's as if we have never been apart. I love that you have now really got into blogging as it's great to have a best friend to share these great experiences with. You are the most honest person I know and I wouldn't have you any other way! I have so many memories of our friendship (flip flops for breakfast anyone?!) and I can't wait for us to have many more years of memories and good times."

Gather some nice things your friends and family have said about you and take a moment to absorb it and realise you're cherished by them. So cherish yourself.
2. Let go.

Stop worrying and "Let it go", they put a strain on your well being and is that really worth it? 
By focusing on the bad and over examining everything you're missing out on the great things in life and on your own happiness. 
3. Never try to please or impress anyone but YOU!
This is a very common trait in the human race and something we should all try to get out of the habit of doing. If you're constantly trying to make someone else happy, you will continually self evaluate and inevitable end up loathing yourself and think why you can't seem to make others happy. I go back to my point above, you will miss out on your own happiness. 
Happiness comes from making yourself happy and if you're happy then with the right people around you they will be happy too.

4. Acceptance.

Why would anyone else accept you weird little habits or ways if you can't even do it yourself?  Accept all that you are and all the quirks that come along with that.

"Why is it that we can see our friends perfectly but never see ourselves clearly?" - Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City.

It's really that simple, why change who you are to please or get anyone else.. no one is worth compromising yourself.

5. Believe.
"Have faith in your abilities. Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy." - Norman Vincent Peale.

Believe in yourself and believe in your path... no one else has to walk in your footsteps so stop trying to walk in others. You deep down know what you want so go for it and don't settle for any less.

Have faith in yourself because you can accomplish all your dreams and goals with a little bit of fair dust and self belief.

6. Time. 
"Time heals all wounds" - old words but ever true.
Take your time nothing happens overnight. No matter what you're taking time for, just pace yourself, slowly does it and soon time will fly by. I believe that for anything to be truly worth it, you have to make time for it. In a world where we rush all the time, take some time to just be.. be you .. be happy and be content.
7. Remove the Negative.


It really is true, that once you remove the negative everything becomes easier and you are also making room for the positive.

Why surround yourself with negative people or situations? No really what's the point? Easy the answer is there is NO reason at all.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig