Wednesday 18 November 2015

November 2015 Glossybox

A bit about Glossybox, the rolling monthly subscription is £10 P&P, which I don't think is too bad when the guaranteed value of products is always over £30.00. There are quarterly and yearly subscriptions options if you're in a position to pay up front, which does save you a few quid compared to the monthly rolling subscription. Each month you get a beautifully wrapped box with several goodies for you to try and use, which also gives you an opportunity to discover new brands and products you wouldn't usually come by.


This Glossybox is my first ever!!! I was extremely excited to see what was inside, especially after I had seen the sneak peek on their website.


The packaging is very pretty, with tissue paper and a black ribbon to finish the look. The products are padded out with black straw which I will most certainly use for some Christmas parcels. There is even a little leaflet which gives you all the retail prices of the products and whether they are full or travel sized. 


So here is what I received and my thoughts. 

Emite Diamond Heart Primer, received travel size, full size retails at £25.90. I absolutely love this primer!!! I have been struggling to find a primer that will work well with my Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer and when I received this I was excited to give it a go. The primer is a cream sort of colour and is silky smooth, which provides a really nice finish. I have been using this primer for about 5 days so far and am amazed at the lasting power, My skin looks just as good in the evening after a long days work as it did when I first applied my make-up in the morning. My verdict go try it for yourself, the price is reasonable for a decent primer in my opinion. 


MUA Eyeshadow Palette in Undressed, retails for £4 and I received the full size! I have already got this particular palette, actually I think I have all the MUA palettes, they are just amazing. Imagine Urban Decay Naked palettes just cheaper, with a tiny difference in colour. They stay on really well unlike other cheap brands, and blend together easily. Defiantly a must have in your make-up bag. 


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry, Full size and retails at £7.99. I am a bit of a snob when it comes to lipsticks and foundations, I never buy lipsticks under £20 and generally stick to MAC, and never buy a lipstick without the matching lip liner You could still tell it was cheap by smelling it, that's right I'm strange and like to smell the products I buy, my expensive lippies smell sweet and that's usually how you can tell a decent brand from a mid-range or cheap one.
I had already got a MAC lipstick in Drama, which is very similar to this Revlon one and therefore had a MAC lip liner to match in Vino, which again was a perfect match for the Black Cherry colour. As a general rule, you always want to buy a lip liner with lipsticks, otherwise you get veiny lines where the lipstick runs, another good rule is to have a good lip primer (I'm using Kevyn Aucoin atm however swear by MAC Prep Prime).
Anyway I'm babbling now, so the colour was really nice and the texture was surprisingly moisturising. It stayed on quite well, however I think that was down to the lip liner I used and the lip primer. For a cheaper brand lipstick and a non-snobby person, this lipstick would do you just fine; but be warned this dark shade may not suit everyone for day to day wear. 


Me after a long day, wearing the Emite Primer, Black Cherry Revlon Lipstick with the MAC Vino Lip Liner, MUA Eyeshadow and Kevyn Aucoin Sensial Skin Enhancer. 
Royal Apothic Body Lotion, received travel size, full size retails at £14.50. This body lotion has a lovely subtle fragrance that I can't quite put my finger on, it's a smooth texture which glides onto your skin with ease. It leaves your skin soft and doesn't take long to soak in, which is a plus when you're in a rush to get ready. A little goes a long way too. 


Eylure Natural Lashes, full size retails at £5.00. I have used false eyelashes in the past and have never strayed from Eylure. They always feel like you have nothing on, usually fit straight on or are easily adjusted to fit your size. If you take them off carefully and store them back in the box they can be used time and time again. Just an brilliant product if you fancy boosting you eyelashes or if you have to wear them for personal reasons. 


 Royal Apothic Body Cream, Travel size received, full size retails at £14.99. This cream had a lovely subtle scent that I could quite put my finger on. It went onto the skin easily and soaked in fairly quickly not leaving a tacky feel after, great for when you are on a tight schedule and need to get dressed fairly soon after a shower. 



Overall I am extremely pleased with Glossybox and am eagerly awaiting the NARS Limited Edition box (fingers crossed I am quick enough to buy it) and for the Rose Gold collectors edition December box. Roll on next month, hopefully it will coincide with my Birthday!!!


Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig