Thursday 28 December 2017

Bourjois Voxbox in Association with Influenster*

This is now my second Voxbox, when I was told I would be in for the chance of receiving one I thought it was only going to be lipsticks. How surprised was I to receive a full box of make-up, with foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, blusher and lipstick.


I am not really one for drugstore make-up especially foundation, however I am always willing to give products a chance. That said Bourjois was one of the brands I used to use when I was just discovering make-up and was on a budget.

Healthy Mix Foundation, R.R.P £9.99. For a drugstore foundation I was quite surprised at the coverage, whilst it wasn't full it was medium and build-able. It did give a dewy finish which was quite nice and different from my normal matte look, it worked very well with my go to Too Faced setting powder. As for the 16Hr staying power, I would say that a standard work day without strenuous activity would probably be more realistic. I wouldn't change from my high end foundation to this though.

Healthy Mix Concealer, R.R.P £8.99. I have found that I have been needing to use concealer more often recently for dark circles, and this concealer is actually excellent coverage. You can build it well too and it stays in place under foundation, which is a definite must for any concealer.


Rouge Velvet The Lipstick, R.R.P £8.99. Whilst I am not a fan of drugstore lipsticks, these shades are gorgeous. The Rouge Velvet range did seem to be one of the better cheap lipsticks I have tried, they did stay in place for a good few hours without bleeding and did stain the lips which is good for when the colour fades a little. That said I still wouldn't go away from my staple favourite Too Faced Melted Matte Lipstick.


Little Round Pot Blusher, R.R.P £6.49. I have to say I hate the way this smells, it is so manufactured. The colour is not me either and overly shimmered, that said for a drugstore blusher it is nicely pigmented and has average staying power.

Smockystories, R.R.P £7.99. Ever since converting over to high end eyeshadows I can seriously tell the difference, I really had to work to create a smokey eye look with this palette. The shadows were very patchy and stuck, they didn't blend together very well and in the end the look was just well over done because of the amount of product I had to use to try to erase the patchiness.


Volume Glamour Push Up Mascara Ultra Black, R.R.P £8.99. I am one of the lucky ones and have pretty good lashes, that said this mascara doesn't create volume. It is pretty good and not giving you any clumpy lashes. The pigment of the black isn't great either. Overall I would just use this to create a base for a better mascara.


Overall the only item out of this whole box that I would actually re-purchase would be the concealer.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig