Wednesday 3 August 2016

Sephora Beauty Haul


Along with my Too Faced purchases I bought some other high end make-up and due to the amount I bought I got so many points with the Sephora Club that I got lots of samples too.

First up are my Nars purchases, the Nars Blusher in Sin, R.R.P £23.00. Although this wasn't the exact shade I wanted I loved this colour, it's a dusty pink which blends well with bronzer for contouring. The shimmer is also very subtle which is a massive plus for me.



Nars Audacious Lipstick in Raquel, R.R.P £24.00. I bought this shade after watching a few reviews on Youtube and seeing how natural and yet dramatic the colour was. I find the colour to be beautiful and suitable for everyday wear. This lipstick applies seamlessly without the need for a lip line, something I have found I always need. 


Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils in Never Say Never and Bahama, R.R.P £19.50 each. As you may already be aware I have purchased Nars Lip pencils in the past and have always been happy with the outcome. So when I had the chance to buy more I picked out my two favourite shades, that I thought were most unlike anything I already have. 


Brow Definer by Anastasia Beverly Hills, R.R.P £16.00. I had been hating on my brows for a while and decided I would get myself a well sort after brand. I have heard great things about Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow products and decided on a pencil with a brush wand on the other end. This is supposed to be used with the Brow Wix, however I have found that this can be used to line and fill your brows just as well. This product stays on pretty well and in my opinion looks fairly natural. I love the brush end to brush away excess product and finish off the look with more "Defined Brows".


Tattoo Liner by Kat Von D, R.R.P £19.00. I always use felt tip liners and have never spent a high price on them, mainly sticking to Nyx or Maybelline. I kind of wish I hadn't decided to go ahead and get a high end branded one because now I cannot see myself going back to the drug store ones. I didn't think there would be much difference in them, but boy was I wrong. The colour is so much more pigmented and clear, the formula is much easier to use and the staying power is just amazing. This is well worth the extra price tag.


Pixie Full Cover Foundation Brush, R.R.P £18.00. Now I must confess I didn't buy this from Sephora but thought it should go in this post with all my other purchases. When I got my sample of the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation I needed a decent brush to apply it with, so I looked about for a good brush and came across this one. I did feel it in store to check how hard it was and to see if it felt nice and it did. I love the fat and short end that make it so easy to buff your foundation into your skin, leaving a beautiful finish, airbrushed even.


Onto the samples, I did receive a Kat Von D Tattoo Liner but have omitted this sample from this post as I had already bought the full size product as seen above. 

Lash Domination Mascara by bareMinerals. This has got to be one of my favourite mascaras, with all the samples I have racked up recently I am swimming in mascaras. This particular one is really easy to apply and does help to make your lashes pop. 


They're Real Gel Liner by Benefit. I have used this one in the past and really liked it, however did find that it can be quite difficult to use and does dry up if you don't close it up properly. This is pretty good in terms of staying power and is extremely pigmented.


Eye shadow Primer by Urban Decay. I have never really used eye shadow primers before but seriously where have I been. This is something I need in my life on a full time basis. This primer is amazing and really does make your eye shadow last so much longer and dare I say it apply easier.


Hyphnose Mascara by Lancome. This mascara is pretty good too, again easy to apply and great for making your lashes look longer. I still prefer Lash Domination over this, however if you prefer a less defined look with a little more volume then this is your mascara.


Fineliner Utra Skinny Big Eyes Gel Liner by Marc Jacobs. I decided to wear this as a top liner in place of my felt tip liner one day when I went swimming. I didn't know anything about this particular liner and therefore was pleasantly surprised to find that it did not budge or smudge at all doing that time. In my day to day I mainly use it as a water line liner and love it.


Me Marc Kiss Kiss Bang Bang by Marc Jacobs. Is a dusty rose, 10 hour buttery lipstick. The colour is gorgeous, as for the 10 hour gimmick this is a solid no! Unless you plan on not eating or drinking all day or touching your lips in anyway then you won't achieve this, the lasting time is average at best. I will say that it is very moisturising so atleast they were truthful on that front.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig