Monday 1 August 2016

Too Faced Beauty Haul

When I went to USA I knew I wanted to splash some cash on new make-up and after some research I found that I was falling in love with Too Faced. 



Unlike in the UK, Sephora offers it's customers samples of products. I think this is something that should be adopted by all makeup retailers as we don't want to waste £30 or more on products that aren't going to react well on our skin or do what we want them to do.

The Born This Way Medium to Full Coverage Foundation in Nude is incredible, R.R.P £29.00. This foundation is oil free with coconut water that delicately helps revitalise skins moisture and is infused with alpine rose to brighten the skin and enhance elasticity. Born This Way is designed to blur the line between natural skin and make-up and I cannot agree more, I feel like the coverage is light enough that it does look as though you were "Born This Way". I tried this out from day 3 in USA to the time I bought it in the last week, therefore I trailed it for about 2 weeks in such high heat with unbearable humidity (to most) which did make me sweat way more than I averagely would. Despite that the foundation stayed on all day without streaking or smearing and made me look so natural all day and to top it off I didn't break out once! The packaging as well is just gorgeous, the bottle is frosted glass with gold writing with a sultry black lid. The other big pro for this foundation is that it has a pump, perfect for application. Another amazing thing is that under my glasses I don't really get that make-up smudgy mark.


Cocoa Powder Foundation, R.R.P £28.00. This powder is enriched with rich antioxidants which leaves a matte rose petal finish, and smells just like chocolate. Although I don't use it as foundation on it's own, more as a setting powder I really love it and it looks so light that I think it could even bear the name Born This Way too. This powder has oil-absorbing properties which really did help in the heat especially around my t-zone areas. The formula has cocoa butter which helps with keeping skin moisturised whilst also having antioxidant properties. Again the packing is so cute, in a compact case with a mirror and sponge.


Hangover Replenishing Face Primer & Booster, R.R.P £27.00. This primer is infused with coconut water, probiotics and skin revivers. Again I trialled this primer at the same time as the foundation to see how well they worked together and whether it lived up to the hype. Well yes it did, I cannot see myself using anything else now that I have discovered this amazing primer. I do feel that this really does soothe and smooth your skin preparing a great base for your foundation. 


Mr. Right Perfect Powder Brush, R.R.P £30.00. I love the little teddy bear on the handle, which I think is perfect to signify the super soft synthetic fibre brush. This brush can be used anyway you wish, wet or dry and is perfectly shaped to handle anything you want to throw at it. I have been using it for the Cocoa Powder Foundation and absolutely love it and the way it feels on my skin. 


Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette, R.R.P £39.00. After using my Urban Decay Naked palettes I wanted to try out the Too Faced palette and am so happy I did. The smell is divine exactly like chocolate, hence the name. The eye shadows are highly pigmented and enriched with antioxidant cocoa powder. I really love these eye shadows, they blend so easily and stay on for such a long time. You can create so many looks with this palette from day to night.



Finally we come to my favourite subject, the Lips.
Starting with the Lip Insurance Lip Primer, R.R.P £14.50. This lip primer boasts to smooth and to stop feathering, as well as prohibit transfer and fading. I have been loyal to MAC for so long using only their lip primer, however after trying this one out and now owning it I cannot recommend it enough. The formula does dry quickly so you have to be quick to apply your lipstick over the top but you will not be disappointed as it does do all that it claims to. For only £14.50 you cannot go wrong.

With my growing obsession of liquid matte lipsticks I had to get my hands on one of Too Faced Melted Matte Liquefied Lipsticks, R.R.P £17.00. I bought the shade Queen B and have found that this shade goes well with any look. I am actually in love with these lipsticks, the staying power is unbelievable and to add to that, should you wish to re-apply this lipstick layers very well without feeling flaky. Even after a full day and eating lunch and dinner this lipstick sticks in place. It's just a shame that in order to get it in the UK you have to pay loads of taxes and shipping fees, so I will have to ask my Dad to send me one for Christmas.


I also found that I really fell for the Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick, R.R.P £17.00.  I bought the shade Melted Fig and again found that the shade goes well with almost any look. The formula is highly pigmented and does kind of dry to a slightly matte finish. It isn't sticky like gloss lipsticks so I was pretty happy with the final finish. The applicator is slightly weird in that it is a soft velvet feeling tear drop applicator, so if you're strange like my friend Christie and cant touch velvet fabric then you wont want to get this.

In all I spent about £330.00 on Too Faced products and even though that is a lot of money, I think it was money well spent.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig