Monday 19 March 2018

Birchbox Timeless February 2018

This is my Second Birchbox and I am sorry to say but I am still not overly impressed. This month's theme was supposed to be kind of retro and timeless, but other than the box I wasn't really getting that with the items. 


Luseta Coconut Milk Hair Mask (Travel Size), R.R.P £32. This was the main item that caught my eye this month, being sulfate, paraben, and phosphate free it was sure to be good for your hair. Packed with Coconut Milk, Vitamins C, E, B1, B5 & B6, as well as essential fatty acids; all working together to repair and nourish dry damaged hair. I applied as instructed, leaving it on for 5 minutes (probably longer) and noticed that my hair was super soft and shiny.


Percy & Reed Finishing Polish (Travel Size), R.R.P £10. I am pretty biased when it comes to Percy & Reed, every product I have tried I have loved. This was no exception, it provides a little extra shine with no greasy residue and helps to combat frizz too. I found that it also gave some hold too, I used this mostly on dry hair against the recommendations and had no issues whatsoever.


The Beauty Crop Eyeshadow Trio in Love You So Latte, R.R.P £7, probably the main thing fitting in with this bix's theme is this eyeshadow. Brown is the main colour people wore in the 90's, on their eyes, lips, and cheeks at that. This trio is packed with coffee extracts meant to brighten tired eyes, whilst the shades are perfect for creating those 90's smokey eye looks.


The Model Co Correcting Pencil, R.R.P £14. Colour correcting was all the craze in the 90's, not that I really remember it to be fair, if I am being honest I thought it all started up now? But then crazes come and go and come back around again, don't they? This a great correcting pencil and green is meant to colour correct reds. The best way to determine which colours correct what is to look at a colour wheel.


Pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm, R.R.P £8. A very 90's item, this handy lip balm is perfect for anyone on the go needing a quick moisture fix, with a hint of pink tint. Infused with vitamin E and shea butter as the name suggests, you won't need anything else in your bag. I am not really one for these sorts of balms, but think it is good for those no makeup days.


My Verdict is pretty similar to last month in that I am not overly impressed or wowed. There were only two items that stood out for me and they were both travel size, so didn't really benefit me in terms of monetary value. Especially when you consider the fact that the Luseta Hair Mask only did one and a half treatments. I honestly do not think that after next months box, I will be continuing with this subscription box.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig