Wednesday 18 April 2018

Birchbox Be Present Not Perfect March 2018

This is the third Birchbox I have tried and I have to say the box is extremely pretty. I was super excited to finally see what all the fuss was about with the Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara. 


First up in this months box is the BLAQ Hydrogel Eye Mask Under Eye Patches, R.R.P £22.00 for 5. I don't know if I am alone here, but does anyone else find these a bit gimmicky? I felt like I had some weird black slugs on my face, and to be honest the only thing I noticed after leaving them on for 20 minutes was that my under eye felt a little bit cooler. I wouldn't say that I noticed a massive difference in puffiness or that it lightened my dark circles at all.

I was not impressed to see what looked like yet another eyeshadow in my box and a brown one at that, this one was, however, a split bronzer and highlighter duo, from a brand I have never heard of. Manna Kadar Cosmetics Radiance Split Pan Bronzer & Highlighter Duo, retailing for £16.00. It is cruelty and paraben free, suitable for vegans but super tiny. Personally, I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a teeny tiny almost sample sized looking bronzer, even if it is a duo.


Again having never heard of this brand before I wasn't expecting much, but this little bottle was a godsend. I absolutely loved it. The Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray, which was a trial size usually retails for £14.99, which for the quality of this product I would say is fairly reasonable for the full size. It smells sweet, keeps your hair super shiny and in place. Not only that but it protects against heat damage and is cruelty, sodium chloride, petrochemicals, gluten, and sulfate free.


It was nice to receive a facial cleanser for a change, this Seba Med Antibacterial Cleansing Foam retails for £7.99. Having had a weird breakout when this box arrived I was eager to give this a try, it was actually very gentle yet refreshing. You could certainly feel it had worked because your skin felt stripped of some oils and dirt, without feeling completely dry. I wouldn't say that this cleared me up completely, I still had to use my go-to Tropic cleanser but it definitely helped.


The main focus of this box has got to be the Benefit Bad Gal Bang Mascara, unfortunately, a trial size. At full price this goes for a whopping £21.50, however, I have to say that it is probably one of the best mascaras I have tried and would be worth the splurge.


My Verdict, as I said last month this is my last Birchbox. I really wasn't that impressed with the selection of products and the only thing that really stood out for me was the cute mini boxes. Let's be honest, I cannot carry on the subscription purely for the box, however, I was a little sad to have missed out on the limited edition Cath Kidson box. The two main products I am happy to have trialed and will repurchase have got to be the Benefit Bad Gal Bang mascara and the Amika Bombshell Blowout Spray.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig