Thursday 9 August 2018

I Got Microbladed

Yes, I know Microbladding has been around for a while now and I have been looking into getting my brows done ever since the new treatment arose. Needless to say with the cost and wide variety of beauticians offering the treatment I wanted to wait until I was satisfied I had found the right person for me, it also helped that the lovely Chloe had a deal on too. 


Microbladding or PhiBrows is a manual, semi-permanent treatment to create realistic eyebrows in whatever shape you desire. Obviously, when I had mine done, you can see I had a major outbreak, usually for the best results you need to have clear skin around and in the eyebrow area. Luckily my breakout didn't affect the area that was being worked on, so it wasn't an issue but it is something to be aware of. 



Procedure
At first, Chloe measured out and shaped the brow outlines and checked the symmetry with their special PhiBrow application. Once she was entirely happy, she got to work with a disposable hand-held blade and PhiBrows microbladding Pigment. 


Excusing my breakout, here you can see the before and after. I can safely say that I am in LOVE!

The basic procedure is for them to use the blade and pigment to create little scratches in your skin, like hair strokes. Kind of like a tattoo, only they do not penetrate the same layers of skin that a tattooist would, hence semi-permanent. These hair strokes are always drawn in the direction of your natural hair, which achieves the most realistic result.

Pain??? What Pain? 
With regards to the pain, it was bearable and as someone that has had several tattoos. The pain is nowhere near a tattoo, I would describe it as a long painful tweeze. It is really very odd, I found myself wanting to sneeze a few times, just like you do when you tweeze. Chloe did apply some light anesthetics some of the way through and I literally couldn't feel anything from then on.

Aftercare.. The Most Important Part!
This part is all on you, how long your brows last will all depend on the care you take in the aftercare. I would advise that you follow this stringently and understand that if you fail to do so that the beautician cannot be at fault for these factors. Aftercare makes up to 70% of total treatment success, basically, if you fail to follow the instructions, then you could lose out on amazing brows.

You will be advised that the pigment may become darker within the first 5-7 days and then after 7 days lose up to 40% of its pigmentation. Though this will come back we are told, you just have to be patient. I didn't get any of these effects at all, they seemed to just stay the same. I had lost a couple of strokes, however, these were minor and were corrected in the top up appointment.


The Top Up

The top-up is done 4-6 weeks after the initial treatment and shouldn't take half as long as the first procedure, provided you have taken great care of your brows in the first instance. Mine had healed very well and the pigment retention was almost as if she had done it the day before. I was so happy with how they turned out.

The aftercare procedure is pretty much exactly the same as before, however, there are no ore top-ups until you feel you need they need re-done. Which should hopefully be in a years time.


Overall I am extremely pleased and so happy I treated myself to these amazing brows. The difference between before and after is incredible and anyone that says good brows don't make your face is a liar! I would highly recommend Chloe if you're in Norwich.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig