Tuesday 28 August 2018

My Septum Piercing

Ever since I started debating getting my septum pierced back in December last year, I have been stalking the look on Pinterest with awe. I think that most people associate the whole idea with a grungy, emo or just bad vibe not really giving it the appreciation it deserves.  



There are so many beautiful women out there with their septum pierced that honestly, I don't see what the fuss is all about. I must admit I was still hesitant until this new snapchat filter came out, that gave you a septum piercing. I know that sounds a little trivial, but it was able to give me an insight into what it would look like and I loved it! I wasn't the only one, a couple of my friends agreed that it suited me, so yes that gave me the final push to say 'fuck it' and get it done!


That being said I can not stress enough, how important it is to research your piercer. Especially for this type of piercing, the last thing you want is for it to go terribly wrong. I found Factotum in Norwich, who have many years of experience and were able to give me the look I wanted. (I didn't want the horseshoe ring).


I haven't had it in for very long, however, can confidently say that so far I have had no issues and no pain. Except for when I accidentally banged it, don't do that, trust me you'll want to cry. If the septum is pierced correctly in what is known as the 'sweet spot' then you shouldn't feel much or any pain when it's being done. I found it to be a weird sensation that made my eyes water tremendously.

That is a fairly normal reaction to someone putting a needle through your nose though, anything to do with that area will make your eyes water naturally. Whilst I was advised to leave it alone, it did become stiff and hard to manoeuver, plus when I had banged it, my nose was so sore I needed some relief. Following instructions online, I have since started cleaning my septum with cooled boiling water and salt. you essentially dip your nose into a cup full of the salt water mixture and allow it to soak for 5-10 minutes at a time.

The best way to help clean the septum is to use cotton buds, with these combined you will feel complete relief and know that it is completely clean.

I am in love with my Spetum and I hope you are too, let me know if there is anything you want to know?

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig