Tuesday 14 March 2017

My Flat Lay Progress

I dont profess to be some amazing photographer or know what I am doing. I have just researched a lot of flat lays online, looked through lots of feed and experimented a lot. The progress I have made in the past 6 months or so is pretty impressive, yes I am blowing my own trumpet, because if we don't then who else will!

So here's what some of flat lays look like now.





Here's what they did look like. 



So here are my tips for perfecting the flat lay, first of all know that it will take time to learn. You will have to practice and research and find your style. Your perfect may not be someone else perfect, so as long as you know all that you will prevail!

Props & Colour
Use everything and anything. Succulents are great for props, so are flowers which you can pick from your garden or out on walks. You can get fake diamond jewels and rose petals from Ebay, as well as fairy lights. 

Try to stick with a colour theme, even if it's not all the same try to keep to mainly one theme. 

If you're after the marble background you can get this from Wilko for just £5, it's just sticky back plastic that you roll out and voila you have a pretty background. 

Lighting
Use natural lighting as much as you can, if you can't create your own with whatever you have. If you have the money to buy a lighting set then go ahead. I don't so I have to take my photos at certain times of the day and get creative with my lights. 

Positioning
Set everything out, consider what shape you want you photo to be, then one onto placement. Create symmetry on both sides of the frame and space between all your pieces. Don't be afraid to have a clean layout with a few items or an organised clutter. 

Tell Your Story
Pick a theme because your photos are meant to tell a story, whether it be this is what my face insists of or I wish I was at home reading a mag with a cuppa in hand. The point is that you want it to speak to people, and grab their eye.

Apps
Good photo editing apps are essential. I use Enlight religiously, it is amazing. 

Remember research, play about with your ideas and have fun!

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

3 comments

  1. Thank for the tips dearie, needed them badly. I struggle keeping a color theme unfortunately! Kept the not of the app 😄

    much love... GreenStory

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome, I am glad you liked the post and genuinely hope that my tips help you out :).

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig