Monday 20 March 2017

No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation

I love my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, but you do have to use a lot because it drys quickly and with it being very expensive I can't justify it for every day use. Especially not for work, where lets be honest no one sees me there than work colleagues and who am I trying to impress there??


As a girl we still like to look nice, so not wearing make-up is out of the question. I have extremely pale skin too, so if I didn't wear foundation I would look pretty sick. So I wet on the hunt for  cheaper foundation.

One night I had a little look around in boots at the drug store brands and had almost decided on a foundation (can't remember it now) when I decided to just have a quick look at the No7 range. I initially thought on my way over that t would be just as expensive as Estee but I was pleasantly surprised, the Beautifully Matte Foundation is only £14.50. That isn't too much more than brands like Loreal or Max Factor.

I had heard that No7 Beautifully Matte is a dupe for Estee Lauder Double Wear, and let me tell you they are not wrong. It certainly doesn't last as long but it applies so much easier.

So abit about the foundation, it's oil free, lightweight, hypo-allergenic and has SPF 15.

I had a bit of a rough start with No7 because the girl at the Longwater branch in Norwich really didn't want to help me. She didn't want to colour match me because apparently their device was charging, however I was told by another  beautician that they should have at least two so that doesn't happen.

I tried a few colours and asked the girl what she thought and she just replied "yeah I guess that matches if you're trying to match what you're wearing". I was in a rush and it was just after work so I really wanted to get home so went ahead and bought Warm Beige.

I started to use it the next day and loved the way it covered my imperfections and stayed on all day. It even didn't budge under my glasses like every other foundation I have used. It did move a little, but such a tiny amount that my god I was impressed. The only issue was that my face looked way too dark, honestly I looked like I was back at school only just discovering how to do my make-up.

I very rarely go into the city anymore due to working out of the city now so when I arranged to meet my friend the weekend after buying the foundation I thought I would pop into Boots and see if they would colour match me properly.

The beautician did and when I told her about what happened to me she was appalled. Especially when the colour match actually showed that I was the lightest shade Calico, so the shade the girl sold me originally was 6 shades too dark! She offered to do a straight swap for me if I had the foundation on me, but sadly I didn't. So she said she would be happy for my friend to do it, because as I said I don't go up the city much.

Well anyway, the next day I decided to call the Longwater branch and talk directly to the manager and explain the situation and what the helpful beautician had said she would do fore me, and see whether they would honour it. She again was not happy that one of her employees treated me this way and said that she would be happy to do an exchange if I came to the store. She also asked me to describe the girl to her so that she could have words wth her.

When I had the chance I popped down there and got the foundation exchanged, they had arranged for me to have a little goody bag with some make-up samples and Thierry Mugler body wash gift set.  This was welcomed compensation for the poor behaviour I received.

Overall this foundation is a great daily substitute for the Estee Lauder Double Wear. It lasts well during the day, even after I go to agility and have run around like a mad woman it has stayed on.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.
Share:

1 comment

  1. There is a great alternative to expensive brands not just in cosmetics. There are many new, high-quality products from young companies. These are competitive products in terms of quality and price.

    ReplyDelete

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig