Friday 20 May 2016

Glossybox May 2016

This months box is jam packed full of travel friendly products for the upcoming holiday season, I for one was super happy to get a really lovely travel sized sun screen. We also got to choose our own Revlon Mascara and in addition received another item which was such a lovely surprise!



Glossybox teamed up with OMY Studio illustrators to create four city-inspired collector's edition boxes! Each one represents one of their favourite urban destinations - New York, London, Paris and Berlin. I got Berlin, which is purple and its safe to say I am pleased. My mum also gets Glossybox and it was nice to see her box which was London (green) and fellow blogger and best friend Christie received her favourite location New York (coral).

Propercorn Lightly Sea Salted, R.R.P £0.75. As a Coeliac I love this propercorn range as they are Gluten Free so was super happy when I received this, getting food in subscription boxes can be disappointing if I can't have it. This range of popcorn is always very light and healthy and defiantly fills a hole.



Revlon Uplift Volume Mascara, R.R.P £9.99. I always wear mascara even if it's jut a touch on those lazy Sunday's, when I was offered a choice of which mascara to get from the new Revlon range I opted for Volumise. I have naturally long think eyelashes and am always looking for ways to make my eyes pop without looking clumpy and spidery. This mascara is pretty damn good and is very pigmented meaning that only a few layers are required to plump up your lashes. This is defiantly one I would purchase again.



Absolute NewYork Velvet Lippie, R.R.P £4.93. As you may already be aware I am a massive lippy lover, and when I received this in my box I was over the moon especially because I had been looking at getting this sort of colour in a liquid matte lipstick. This particular brand I had never heard of before, my first impressions were fairly good. I always smell my lippy a before I buy them because I don't like that cheap smell this one smelled fairly set which was a surprise to me. The only down side with this type of lippy is the fact that you kind of need to take it off to re-apply it if not it will layer up and become really flaky; that said the wear time for this one is pretty good. Bear in mind that I did use my Mac Morning Coffee Lip liner with this though.



Hawaiian Tropic Protective Dry Oil, R.R.P £13.99. I was really happy when I received this in the box as I have my trip to USA coming up in less than a month *shocked emoji* where the hell has the time gone! this is a perfect size to keep in my hand luggage as it conforms with the liquid limits. This particular brand is well heard of and seems to be a reputable one at that. The dry oil seems to soak into the skin with ease and protects your skin whilst also enhancing moisture which is key to prolonging a tan. 



Bee Good Youth Enhancing Plump and Firm Moisturiser, R.R.P £23.50. I found this to be difficult to apply unless your hands are warm and you use a large pea sized amount, that said it does dry quickly and works great as a primer. The smell is subtly sweet, which is always an added bonus to a good cream. One thing to note is that I haven't broken out with this which is also good.


Hair Zero Crease Hair Tie, R.R.P £3.99. These hair bands are pretty much identical to the Invisibobble brand and do seem to be just as good. for the same cost too I do really like the pink colour as it makes it a bit more fashionable wearing on your wrist when you don't need your hair up.




All in all this has been a pretty good month for Glossybox, although I do think I may stop this subscription once I have received my free one as I have found another box which may replace it... watch this space!

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig