Monday 13 June 2016

Look Incredible Beauty Box May 2016

I have got a bit of an obsession with subscription boxes and follow Which Beauty Box UK and after having a little snout came across Look Incredible.



So before I get onto my experience, let me just give you a little blurb on the box itself. This beauty box is slightly more pricey than most at £18.99 + P&P, however on the plus side they will always provide 5 FULL size beauty products in each box and what's more they are usually high end brands too. After doing a little research there is usually always a bareMinerals product, other common brands are Nars and Mac which to me is a high quality box.

They do offer a Deluxe box for £35 which includes P&P, and this will usually have full size top end brands. This is a little steep for me so have opted for the standard box.


Right so my experience, when my first box arrived I was super excited especially because I knew what was already in the box after reading Which Beauty Boxes review for the May box. So imagine my surprise when I received the wrong box, I actually received the April Deluxe Box, bearing in mind this was a poor box and even with that a product was missing! So I emailed the team at Look Incredible and they were really helpful; and said that they would send me the correct box with a free item for my trouble, in addition they would refund me the postage for sending the first box back.

So far so good, but when they correct box finally came I didn't receive the correct bareMinerals product, I got a Ready Eyeshadow palette instead of a Blusher. For the free item they sent me a No7 Mascara. So naturally I was not happy and although I was happy to accept the items I feel I should still get the Blusher given that they have done it wrong twice. So I emailed as such and offered to send the Mascara back in place of the Blusher. They were happy to oblige and said they would include the Blusher within the June box. So with all that in mind, I was pretty pleased with the service I received and felt they did all they could to make up for their errors.

So onto the box, the only disappointing product in this particular box is the Claire's Nail Polis, R.R.P £3.00 x 3. This is something that I have seen is disappointing to a lot of bloggers, which is fair lets be honest it's a bit naff. I haven't used these and will be giving them away as they aren't really to sort of thing I would use.



Bellapierre Kabuki Brush, R.R.P £22.50. I haven't heard of this brand before, however my friend has and has told me that this is a good quality brand. The brush is made with Taklon and is super soft, perfect for mineral foundation make-up. I have used this brush since I received it and cannot fault it. The coverage you get is amazing and it doesn't feel scratchy when you use it.



Korres eye Primer, R.R.P £15.00. Again another brand I haven't heard of but am so happy with, not only do you use it on your eyelids but under the eye too. The formula is silky smooth and works like a dream. The only downside is the application, the bottle doesn't make it easy to get the stuff out and you have to be quick on the mark to rub it is otherwise it dries up on your skin. 




Mac Potent Polish Lip Pencil, R.R.P £17.50. As you know I am a massive Mac & Lippie Lover, so when I received shade Hopelessly Devoted (LOL what a perfect name for me) I was so excited to give it a try. It is essentially a lip-gloss in pencil form, but  also combines as a balm. The only downside is that you cannot sharpen it, however with a little patience you can line your lips well. The wear time is not the best. however it does stay on fairly well and is highly pigmented. I would defiantly think about buying this again.


Finally we have the bareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow in A List, R.R.P £23.00. Although it wasn't the blusher I wanted it was a lovely alternative and still the same great quality. I do own many bareMinerals eyeshadows and am always happy with the result. The wear time is amazing and the pigmentation is just perfect, coupled with the ease of application you have a perfect on the go kit. You can easily create a smokey eye look or just a simple day time look with the lighter shades.


Overall I am super happy I have given this a go and cannot wait to see what I receive in the next box and to see if they actually remember to give me the blusher I am owed.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig