Thursday 21 March 2019

Feeling Nostalgic - USA 2016

Yeah, I know this is seriously late!!! I have a major habit of leaving the best things till last and not wanting to acknowledge that they are actually over, though to be fair going back and seeing the family again and all that will never be truly over. So it's not all that bad .. Please don't be shocked at my appearance either, I had put on quite a bit of weight for some unknown reason, however, I am now back to my healthy normal weight. 



I always love visiting my family and this time around I finally got to see where my Dad lived. I was traveling with my brother, Adam, and we started off our journey driving to Heathrow. We stayed at a gorgeous Hotel which our Mum and Step-dad kindly paid for. We had quite a laugh driving down and I managed to do a few Vlogs throughout our Vacay, which you can check out over on my Youtube channel. 



Adam hadn't actually seen our Dad in well over 12 years or any of our other family since he was a baby! So this trip was pretty big for him and very overwhelming for me to have finally gotten him on board. Unfortunately for me, a week prior to this trip I had been in a car accident, so I was in a bit of pain and on strong pain meds the whole time.

After an emotional initial meet and a good nights sleep, we decided to head into Charleston and do a little shopping and sightseeing. I managed to spend nearly $400.00 in Pandora, in standard Kim Style I also managed to leave my card there too. So we had to go back the next day.. naughty me.. 


We spent a few days at Dads and then we camped out at Wilmington, North Carolina. I wanted to see the filming locations of One Tree Hill, so on the second day we had a nice day out seeing all the sights, I had previously mapped out. If you want to read a full post on this day and download the map I created myself, you can here.



The majority of our family live in Indianapolis, so the plan was to drive up from Charleston and make a few stops on the way, to Chimney Rock and The Land of Waterfalls.

Chimney Rock was featured in the film The Last of the Mohicans, which Dad had on hand to show us which shots we were going to see prior to going. The film itself, well I don't actually remember much and didn't watch it all was kind of slow, however, it didn't appear to be my kind of film... so don't take my word for it. 

Adam being the crazy adrenaline freak he is, took some convincing not to go free style rock climbing any chance he could. Not that it stopped him getting as close to the edge as possible. 


Once we finally arrived in Indianapolis I was feeling a little better, so we did manage to go to one theme park ,however, I only went on rides that strapped me in and that didn't throw you around a bunch. Having been there 4 years ago I had already been on everything, so it wasn't too disheartening. I was sad that I couldn't go on the catapult with Dad again though. Jacob & Rebekah didn't really like the rides and neither did Aunt Mo, so it ended up being me, Dad, Adam, and Joshua for the duration of the day. We went on the Diamondback about 4 times to get the perfect photo, until we were happy with this one so we all chipped in. It was only once we saw it properly that I noticed I was practically flashing everyone!!!!




As always I miss them all dearly, but my heart lies with Harley and I therefore have to always go back to her.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig