Wednesday 23 March 2016

Decoupage Box

I am always partial to a DIY gift, they are just so much more meaningful aren't they? They are from the heart and not only are thoughtful but you have worked hard to create it and can therefore say this had been 'Made with Love'.




This is a fairly simple DIY gift that can be done by anybody that has time and a little patience, there isn't any craft experience for this particular craft.

Decoupage is quite simply papermache, but made pretty with patterned tissue-paper or even just plan tissue-paper.

I got all of the items required from Hobby Craft, however you can get any of the items anywhere.

So what do you need:


  • A base, you can use whatever you like I started off with a card board box.
  • Paintbrush.
  • ModPodge Glue,
  • Decoupage or Tissue-paper.





There are many different ways of doing this, but this is how I do it. First step is to rip up the paper into 1.5-2 inch sizes doesn't matter what shape. 

Then start to paste the glue onto your base. 


Now place the bits of paper wherever you want and paste over with glue. 


Basically keep going until you have fully covered your base, the best way to do it is to go over with a few layers. 


I have used this method for many items in my home, such as sprucing up my coffee table, or even my Blog board as shown above. 


I hope you have fun with Decoupage, and thanks for reading.





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig