Wednesday 30 March 2016

Glossybox March 2016


Each month I am so excited to come home from a cruddy day at work, to find a box of beauty surprises waiting for me to discover them.

So when I opened up this months box, with the initial excitement of seeing the USA’s sneak peek of a Too Faced Melted Lipstick, thinking we must have something equally as good only to discover that it was just a box of crap freebies. 

I like so many others, are extremely disappointed with the products over the last few months, and although I loved last months box this has really let me down. I would go far as to say I am considering cancelling my subscription. 

After a disappointing first look, I had a look through what other people received and was devastated to see that most of the feed was filled with a So Susan Contouring Kit to go along with the Luxie Angled Face Brush. Needless to say this was not in my box and would have made it not such a massive disappointment!

That’s enough moaning about the box itself, lets actually get to reviewing these crappy freebies. 

This has got to be the only decent thing in this box, the Luxie Rose Gold Large Angled Face Brush 504, R.R.P £10.42. The brush fibres are so soft and do really hug the curves and contours of your face.  


The travel sized Hey Honey Good Morning Honey Silk Facial Serum, R.R.P £28.81, was the main item I was looking forward to trying. I have heard a lot about hqoney with it’s anti-bacterial properties for clearer and softer skin, this serum is infused with propolis which also has antiseptic properties. I love the feel of this serum, it soaks in almost immediately and creates a perfect base for your foundation. 


The travel mini sample of the OLAY Regenerist Luminous Skin Tone Perfecting Cream, R.R.P £29.99 was a complete and utter joke. I mean look at the size of this tube! At the age of 26 I haven't really thought about using age defying products, however I do think that with so much stress in our lives nowadays and the pressure to conform that it is probably the right sort of time to start using these sorts of products. Let’s face it 26 is not really a young age. After using this a few times I didn't really notice any difference however it didn't make me breakout either so thats a plus. 



These travel sized -417 Catharsis Vitamin Mineral Shampoo and Conditioner, R.R.P £16.89, were a little bit of a repeat from the previous boxes. We seem to be getting a lot of conditioners from Glossybox at the moment. I really hated these products, they made my hair feel really dry and strawy. 



The final item this month was the very cheap Collection Speedy Highlighter, R.R.P £3.99. I am bit of a snob I have to admit, and this brand isn't the best although it isn't the worst. After already receiving a highlighter stick in the December box and not really enjoying that, it was little disheartening to receive yet another. 



I really do hope that Glossybox listen to their customers and make some changes to their boxes. It is extremely saddening to see the USA Glossybox with such amazing products, it shouldn't be that hard in this day and age to bring some of that love across the pond. 

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig