Wednesday 20 April 2016

Bills Restaurant Norwich


Being as I am the one with dietary requirements within my work group, I took over the organisation of the quarterly event and decided upon Bills Restaurant. Let me just say I cannot believe I have never been in there before, I mean how long has it been in Norwich now?!?!?


My initial impression of the Restaurant was one of awe, I mean I loved the décor, it is so me and something I hope one day I can replicate in my own home. Seeing as I was a little earlier than the group I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to see what exactly I could eat, so when the waitress seated me and gave me a dietary list I was very impressed.


As a Coeliac don’t you just hate the moment when you have to order, when you go out in groups even if they are close friends. I really despise the fact that I have to state ‘it needs to be gluten free’ and then await a sigh or look of irritation, as if you’re trying to make things difficult or make some sort of scene. Well anyway, the waitress was right on it and seemed to be really familiar with my request.


For the main course I opted for the Grilled Sea Bass Fillets, served with grilled pan fried potato rosti, which was delicious. The only downside is that this is a fairly small dish, so is prefect for those of you with a smaller appetite, me however I could have devoured another one, insert shocked emoji here.  

Seeing as I had space to spare I did have a desert which is not my usual go to and when I do it is usually Eton Mess. They had the usual culprits of gluten free options, i.e Eton mess or Brownies, however they did have a special on the Pistachio Pavlova. I was having a craving for chocolate and didn’t fancy the pavlova so ordered the Warm Chocolate Brownie served with chocolate sauce, vanilla ice-cream and a chocolate flake. Unlike most gluten free deserts this was not over powered with sugar, it wasn’t too rich either, dare I say it, it was just right.


Overall I really enjoyed myself and will defiantly be visiting again. I was told they do a really good breakfast, so you never know watch this space.

I even got a little doggy bag for Harley, I may not have been able to eat the ribs, but she sure can
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig