Sunday 17 April 2016

My Neutral and Brown Lipsticks

Some days you still want to wear lipstick, however you don't want anything too obviously so you grab a neutral tone. These three tones are my go to when I am in need of a natural look. 


From left to right:
Rikugien is a lovely pinky neutral shade with a subtle shimmery finish. When I first tried this I didn't really like it as it didn't seem to stay on too well, however since trying it again I love it! The staying power is much better than when I first tired it, however I was a little under the weather.

Honey Love and Subculture are pretty much a perfect match to my skin tone, you can hardy tell I am wearing anything when I have this on. I always opt for this on down days, when I am feeling under the weather or days where I know I have an external meeting. Perfect for interviews too.

Dolce Vita is a slightly darker shade that Honey Love with a subtle pink tone. This is a little more obvious than Honey Love, however paired with a smokey eye can make any look beautiful and subtle.

Each of these lipsticks are super moisturising and have long staying power.


When you want to opt for a neutral tone, however think thats a little too dull you can go for a brown tone. These are great to keep to a natural look as well as making it a little darker. 


From left to right:
  • MAC Pro Longwear Lipstick in Made to Last (R.R,P £15.50), best matched with MAC Lip pencil Morning Coffee (R.R.P £12.50)
Made to Last is a gorgeous milk chocolate brown colour, which can be worn day or night for a neutral dark look. I do love my brown lipsticks for everyday wear as they provide a mysterious kind of look about you. Askwith all Macs this particular tone has a slight sheen and is so moisturising, its just divine. 
Golsham is a funny name isn't it, makes me think Gotham!!! But it couldn't be further from a Batman colour, below is me wearing this gorgeous reddy brown colour. It is a perfect brown with a slight shine to it and super long staying power.



Whats your go to neutral or brown tone?

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig