Thursday 3 December 2015

Nars Haul

After receiving the Nars Glossybox and being extremely pleased with the product, I decided to treat myself to a new set of lippies.

Within my previous review I couldn't seem to quite get on with the Rikugien Satin Lip Pencil, I partially think this was due to me feeling slightly under the weather. I found that it wasn't very moisturising and didn't stay on too well, however my friend Christie seemed to absolutely love it.

I really love the idea of the lip pencils as they are an all in one beauty product. I have found that with lipsticks you generally need to buy the matching lip pencil in order to stop the lipstick from bleeding and to also achieve a better finish.


So being able to get that right shape and colour your lips all at once with one product is a fantastic idea, which I am sure has been around for a while. Whilst I am sure you can use this theory with generic lip pencils I am sure they don’t feel very nice as they would probably be very dry.


I did find that with these pencils that I still found it a lot easier to use my Mac Prep & Prime lip primer, as I couldn't get the lip pencils to glide on my lips very easily.

I have to say that I am extremely impressed and happy with these purchases and am elated that I chose to treat myself, especially when I ordered them from feel unique, there was a free gift if you spend over £45.  The staying power is remarkable and I love the bright bold colours.

I purchased 3 lip pencils (Mysterious Red, Dragon Girl and Luxembourg) and got one free (Dolce Vita travel sized).

The Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils are lipsticks combined with the convenience of a pencil in a jumbo crayon design. Lips are instantly saturated with rich pigments and a velvety matte finish. The long lasting, non-drying formula is enriched with emollients for a creamy texture, while a combination of unique silicones ensures long-lasting seamless colour for hours. Enriched with Vitamin E. (R.R.P £19).

Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl, a vivid siren red. I absolutely love this colour it is defiantly my favourite and I am sure to is one Taylor Swift loves too. this has such amazing staying power i was genuinely gob smacked.






Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Mysterious Red, a crimson red. This is a gorgeous bright red and can make any outfit pop. Again i cannot believe the staying power of this little beauty.




Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dolce Vita, a dusty Rose. This is a lovely everyday colour, very subtle and pretty. I did however find that this one didn't stay on as well as the others and I found myself re-applying after eating and drinking.



The Nars Satin Lip Pencil dresses up lips in a statement shade that seduce with rich, colour-bright pigments while drenching them in a decadent moisture, a modern, long-wearing, vitamin enriched formula in a jumbo pencil format to provide great wear and intense colour with a satin finish.     (R.R.P £19).

Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg, a vivid watermelon. I loved this colour and the shiny finish without it being sticky, that's why I steer clear of gloss purely because I don't like the stickiness. 
This stayed on all day really well which surprised me. 




I would highly recommend Nars Lip Pencils to any make-up/ lippie junkie, these are just amazing. I will certainly be purchasing more, got my eye on Cruella and Damned at the moment. 

What are your thoughts? Are there any you would like or want me to review? 

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig