Tuesday 8 August 2017

Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation

I am always wanting to try new products, and as much as I love my Double Wear foundation I fancied a change. I follow a few Beauty You-tubers, and have heard great things about the Urban Decay All Nighter. 


I had even heard that it is comparable to DW? I have been using it for about a week now and am still undecided.

Claims
An ultimate foundation for a flawless looking complexion that wont quit. Providing full coverage with a modern matte finish that never looks overdone.

The formula claims to be comfortable enough to wear every day, it is oil and paraben free, whilst having light diffusing technology to blur flaws. It is meant to absorb excess oil and reduce the appearance of shine.

There's no need to build the coverage or build more layers, as the insane amount of pigment goes a long way to provide maximum full coverage.

So what do I think??
I struggled to find a primer that worked well with this foundation for me. The foundation seemed to separate, melt and not stay on throughout the day even though I am just sitting in an office. I have seen many people use the Hourglass primer, but that is just a little too expensive for me. Since purchasing Dr Brandts, Pores No More Primer, I have found that the wear time has increased and the finish is much more flawless with little to no separation throughout the day.

It is definitely a full coverage foundation and cannot be layered, I am not entirely sure how other people apply concealer over the top??? Any suggestions are very welcome! I have tried applying this with a silicone sponge and a brush. I am still of the mind that the silicone sponge is a better finish with most other foundations, however with this a classic brush works wonders.


In terms of comfort-ability, I can't really say I can tell I am wearing it apart from under my glasses. I do notice that my glasses slide more with this foundation that with DW and that the product moves more under them than the DW.

Applying finishing powder over the top is difficult as it is very easy to look caked, baking is a no go with this foundation. Even though I really think you need it under the eyes as the foundation really does crease there. Applying bronzer, blush etc isn't difficult but I have found that you need a slightly heavier hand, with the foundation being so matte it seems to dull other products.

I have to say I am still undecided, I think I need to play about with this a little more and see what works best for me. That's not to say it won't work for you or that it will, but this is just how it had gone for me. The one thing I can say is that is you don't really need concealer as it does cover acne/ spots and dark circles very well and hasn't broken me out anymore than before using it.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig