Wednesday 24 January 2018

Too Faced Mystery Bag 2017

I have always wanted to get my hands on the Too Faced Mystery Bag, but never knew whether it would be worth it, or when it was available. Finally last year I found out when it was online, Cyber Monday and I took the plunge!


The bag costs $39, which roughly works out to £35 with taxes. There was a guaranteed value of $109 worth of product inside, which I would be sceptical about had it not have been all Too Faced products. 
I was quite intrigued to see what was hidden within and hopefully to try out some new items from the Too Faced range that I haven't explored before.

The main item in this bag was the Limited Edition Peanut Butter & Jelly Eyeshadow Palette, which retails for £32. Recently I am loving the warm tones and this palette hits all the right spots, especially when you create a look using all the tops shades from left to right (Soft & Sweet). 

The way this palette has been set out is pretty cool, basically the three long lines are combinations with one highlighter, one transition shade and one darker shade for depth. You can also mix and match for your own creations too. As always Too Faced have gone above and beyond with pigmentation and colour stay. All colours are blendable, making them so easy to work with and the scent is just dreamy!!!

I have never tried a Too Faced eyeliner before, so was happy to see the Perfect Eyes Liner, R.R.P £15, in the bag. I never really believed that there was much difference between a cheap pencil liner and a high end brand, however now that I have tried this one out I am swayed. The colour pay off is incredible and the pencil is so soft it just glides on. 


Having stayed primarily with the Melted Matte Lippies I was intrigued to give the 'La Creme' Colour Drenched Lip Cream, R.R.P £18, a try. The colour looked a lot brighter in the pack than on, but was still bright on and had good staying power for a lip cream. It was very moisturising which is always a plus when it comes to lip products, but the main thing I loved about this product was the packaging!!!

Having used the Better Than Sex Deluxe Sample Mascara, R.R.P. £10, time and time again before, I was kind of disappointed to find it in this bag. That said you can never have too many Mascara's, especially a mini for on the go. I have to be honest though, this is not one of my favourites. I don't find it to be very volumising or pigmented. 


This was a surprise to me, the Size Queen Mascara, R.R.P. £18. Having only ever tried BTS, it was nice to give this a chance. The brush head is very large, as the name suggests, which took some getting used too when applying it. That said I much prefer this to BTS, I don't know what they did with the formula or what but it is so much more black and the volume if your lashes is certainly worthy of a Queen. Plus again the packing is just to die for!


Overall the total value came to £93, which I am quite impressed with. Would I get the next Mystery Bag? Yeah I think I will, for the value of the products and the fact that you try out products that you wouldn't normally get; plus they are guaranteed to be all Too Faced!

Did you get the bag? What did you think?

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig