Monday 1 January 2018

Goodbye 2017 Hello 2018

I'm not going to lie I am happy to see the back of 2017, it hasn't been the worst year for me but it hasn't been the best. Whilst there are others out there who do go through way worse than what we may consider a bad year, it is still considerable to us non the less. 


I did achieve a few good things last year, which I have worked very hard towards. I started a new job as a Senior Engineer and I am loving it. Starting a Senior role at the age of 27 was a real win for me, especially being in a male dominated industry. I honestly didn't think it would happen for many more years, so I have been taking every opportunity to show my worth and raise my responsibilities.

Secondly I was nominated for the UK Blog Awards 2018, whilst I am unaware as to the status of my nomination; I was just so honoured to have just been given the opportunity to be part of it.

My Mum got married to an amazing guy, who I am so happy to call my Step Dad. This also meant we got to go away to Valencia for her Hen Weekend. It was the first time I had been away since being diagnosed to a foreign country and it was pretty easy actually.


At the start of the year myself and my Bestfriend Christie relived our youth and saw Busted! "I've been to the year 3000, Not much has changed but they live under water". We also finally did something we had been talking about for many years, Scarefest at Alton Towers and although I didn't get a fright, she certainly did and that was what it was all about.


That may seem like a great year on the surface but all the while I have been struggling with health issues. I have been losing weight rapidly for no known reason and am currently at 7 stone 6! That's well over a stone loss in less than a year, that coupled with pain and other things I won't go into on here. I have had to try to get the NHS to take me seriously and get tests done which are still coming up with nothing. Yet I am still left here dropping weight.

With all this going on I carried on like nothing was happening, because that is just what I do. It wasn't until November that I finally broke. That is when I started to realise who the true friends and family were around me. My brother really stepped up and has been a real rock through all of this. Christie has been there through everything and I know that no matter what I can count on her.

I found that when I tried to let my bravado down some people then didn't know how to talk to me because I was being "negative". Well I am sorry I cannot pretend to be bright and happy all the time. I am done with people and relationships like that.


I have a few things planned for 2018 and hope that I do make more time to see the most important people in my life. After all life is about making memories and we should try to remember the laughs.



Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig