Monday 26 February 2018

My Current Skincare Essentials

Following my latest Tropic Skincare Haul, I thought it might be time to write up my skincare essentials. I have a few staple favourites now that really do never fail to deliver.


My skin type is oily/ combination, that also occasionally breaks out. So my skincare needs to be focused on keeping me matte but also hydrated, not irritate my sensitive skin and deal with any breakouts that may occur. That is why I love Tropic, they are completely gluten-free and natural.

The go-to cleanser that seriously melts away any form of make-up that you want to put in its way, is the Tropic Soothing Cleanser Complexion Purifier. I have previously been told that my lipstick is like concrete, just stuck in place so for this to be able to simply wipe it away and leave my skin feeling super soft and refreshed; how can I ever stray? You do need to use the Bamboo cloth, that is supplied with it to properly remove the cleanser, but don't let that bother you. The bamboo cloth itself is very soft and pretty much cleans itself.

My essential daytime moisturiser has got to be the Estee Lauder DayWear Matte, I haven't found another moisturiser quite like it. This one is lightweight, gel-like and does exactly what it says on the box. My skin is kept matte all day long, even helping to prolong my foundation and calm any breakouts I may get. Oil Free and non-acnegenic, meaning it won't clog up your pores for smooth skin instantly. You really don't have to wait at all for this stuff to soak into the skin, making it perfect for those in a hurry. (I have not been able to confirm whether this moisturiser is gluten free or not, but will update as soon as I am certain).

For a night cream, I use the Tropic Night Repair Cell Renewal Cream, which is just amazing and such a pleasure to use. After searching for quite some time, I decided to try this out and fell instantly in love, my skin is left silky smooth with no sticky residue and what's more, it doesn't cause me to breakout either. I have even seen results with some fine lines I have started to see appear prior to using this cream, especially on my neck. It smells gorgeous too, so it sends you off to sleep smelling great.


Finally my newest skincare essential is the Tropic Face Smooth Brightening Polish, an exfoliator that only needs to be done 2-3 times a week. However is guaranteed to provide you with much softer, smoother skin after first use, I have noticed that my foundation is so much easier to apply and appears to be almost airbrushed since using this. Having heard so many you-tubers rave about exfoliation as a prep for airbrushed skin, I knew I needed to give it a try. This is the best one I have tried by far and doesn't have any of those nasty plastic beads or chemicals.

Have you got any skincare essentials I should try?

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig