Thursday 24 May 2018

The Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

So I have finally got my hands on the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, now that Feel Unique stock it. I have heard so many excellent reviews about this primer for as long as I can remember and as a combination skin girl, it has been on my list to try for a while now.


I was extremely pleased to learn that this primer is indeed gluten free, so I can safely apply it to my entire face without worrying about steering clear of my lips. It is also free from oil, parabens, phthalates, sulfates and is vegan-friendly.

What does it Claim?

Supposedly suitable for all skin types conceals redness such as rosacea to create an even skin tone, as well as alleviates the appearances of large pores, fine lines, and imperfections. Using 1/2 - 1 pump of the primer prior to applying your makeup should extend the wear time of that product, and the formula is created to absorb excess oils.

This primer repels water, therefore making any makeup applied over waterproof? The formula also has naturally derived UVA/UVB protection up to SPF15.

My Verdict

It is on the pricey side to be fair, having purchased the travel size for £20.00 (10ml) that might out a lot of people off. One thing I will say is that even though it was just the travel size, it did still come in a gorgeous frosted glass casing, with a pump top. You know we all need decent pump top girls!

Whilst I cannot vouch for the suitable for all skin-types claim, I can say that it worked very well with mine. I did notice that my skin was more matte during the day than with my usual primer (Too Faced Primed & Peachy) and worked extremely well with the Too Faced Peach Perfect Foundation.

Whilst I wouldn't say that this is completely sweat proof, as I did have a spicy dinner one evening and had beads of sweat under my eyes, I didn't notice any makeup removal if that makes sense. So It got a massive thumbs up from me on that front.

In terms of blurring out imperfections prior to applying your usual concealer/ foundation, I cannot say I really noticed a difference. That being said my pores weren't quite as prominent as they like to be these days, so I am guessing that the claim to fame here worked wonders.

Is it worth it? I guess that's ultimately up to you, but in my opinion YES it is.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig