Wednesday 9 May 2018

Coeliac Awareness Month - What Every Coeliac Goes Through At The Supermarket

As you probably already know May is Coeliac Awareness month, so for this post, I thought I would do a funny but very real post. All about the things we Coeliacs do when we go food shopping.


1. Inspecting labels like they are written in code, honestly, the number of words for gluten we know would astound you.


2. Finding a non-free from item in the free from aisle. Please tell me I am not the only one that viscously removes these items from the free from aisle, seriously why do people stash items that are clearly not okay for us there. It's like a slap in the face.


3. Almost always having a mini rant because the free from aisle is next to the 'normal' biscuit or cereal section!! Come on!!!!!!


4. Wandering aimlessly for the free from aisle because you're in an unknown foreign shop.  


5. Dodging the freebies... I hate having to either pretend I have not heard the person offering out free samples of food, or just having to decline altogether. Sometimes you just get a persistent person and it can be so frustrating to have to then explain why you cannot have the sample, I don't exactly want to blurt out my life story in the middle of a shop! 


6. Getting overly excited about new products!!!


7. You get equally if not more excited when your favourite product is on sale, however, you then have the fear that it may be being discontinued!! Honestly, I do not know what I would do if Tesco ever discontinued their Choco Pillow Nuts.. I would literally have a fit and major break down in the middle of Tesco, I am just pre-warning you now!


8. Having to go to at least 2-3 different branches and/ or types of supermarkets to get your full weeks shop. God forbid one supermarket sell every type of free from product you need. 


Please tell me I am not the only one that does at least half of this list?? What experiences have you had shopping? 

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig