Tuesday 5 January 2016

Christening Gift Ideas

As some of you may know I recently became a Godparent to Tudor and thought I would take the opportunity to share some gift ideas for a christening. These are home made (partially) and don't take much time at all.

Wish Jar

I got this idea when myself and Christie were wandering one lunch time and found a cute little shop in the Castle Mall Norwich, they had a stack of jars which were basically a glass jar with stickers on them with labels inside. There were many uses for these, for example a Birthday Jar, ones for Weddings and so on; but I was dram to the Wish Jar and thought that would be a lovely idea.

The idea of the Wish Jar is that you write down your wishes to the recipient for them to look back on later on.

I went to a grocery store and bought myself a glass jar, commonly used for food storage.

I then created my own labels, by very naughtily going onto Vista Print and creating an address Label and screen shotting the preview and then copying it into Word to be printed off.

The next step was to create the jar label, so I used the same steps as this tutorial and attached it to the jar with some straw type string, to give an authentic look. 

I hope you like it as much as I do. 



Another great idea for a christening present is a Memory Box, from what I gather new parents cant receive enough of these and if you make them yourself they are that little bit more special. 


For this I simply bought a box from Hobbycraft and some Decoupage paper along with Modpdoge Glue and a brush. I also cheated for the top piece and bought it from Clintons Cards and glued it to the top. 

I will do a separate post on how to Decoupage and will link it to this post for ease of reference, but the basics are to rip up the Decoupage paper and glue it to the box until you get the desired result. 



I hope you like these ideas, which can be used as new baby presents/ baby shower gifts and so on. 

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig