Monday 18 September 2017

Avon mark.

mark. is Avon's expertly developed beauty and fashion boutique, which has been around since 2003 in the US. God why do the US get everything first??? Due to the success of Avon's sister brand overseas, Avon decided to bring it over here to the UK, earlier this year.


The sister brand has been developed to help and inspire young women to make their "mark.", with a vast range of customisable products that allow them to show off their style and create your very own signature look.

Whilst both the UK & US Avon companies have an overall charity for Domestic abuse, the mark. brand has it's very own for young women. Since it's start it has pushed a campaign against dating abuse and partner violence, unfortunately this seems to only be in the US at the moment and I hope that they carry this brilliant goal through to the UK.

The newest Brand ambassador since 2013 for mark. is Lucy Hale, a beautiful young woman that encompasses all the values mark. is trying to get across.

I went for a selection of mark's newest products, and was especially intrigued by the new brow gel.

mark. Perfect Brow Creme Gel Pot, R.R.P £7.00, coming in a range of 4 universal colours. mark. claims the Gel Pot to be easy to apply, blendable, smudge-proof with intense colour and staying power.


Used in combination with the mark. Dual Ended Precision Brow Brush, R.R.P £6.00, this Gel Pot works exactly as it claims. I went for Auburn, which I thought initially was a little orange, however once I built up the colour and filled in my brows it looked like the perfect shade. The staying power was pretty impressive and I was so shocked when I tried to smudge my brow and it didn't budge. I would highly recommend getting the brush to go along with it, the angled end is perfect for creating blurred lines and really creates the perfect eyebrow look with the precision tip.


mark. Mega Effects Liquid Eyeliner - Black, R.R.P £6.50, the tip is very strange I must say. I am very used to a very thin long tip, so did wonder how I would get on with this one. The angled tip proved fairly easy to use to create a cute winged look, but it is hard to keep close to the lash line and create a thin line. The colour is very pigmented, while the application was tug-free and smooth. Once dried it was smudge proof, even when I rubbed my eye a little I half expected to see a panda eye going on, but nope it had stayed in place. In terms of the water proof, I can't comment as I haven't really been able to test that just yet.



mark. MagiX Prep & Set Spray, R.R.P £6.00. I am a fan of setting sprays and am always keen to try out new ones. So when I saw mark. had one out in last months brochure I couldn't exactly say no, I really like this one as it comes out is a mist rather than a spray. It can be used under and over make-up, and seemed to work pretty well for me. I used it in combination with my usual primers and it seemed to help keep the foundation on my nose in place much better than usual. This spray also contains Vitamin A, C and E which is perfect to awaken your skin in the morning.


mark. 3D Plumping Lipstick in Cocoa Kisses, R.R.P £8.00, a collagen and retinol infused lipstick that creates a full on plumped lip look without the surgery. The formula contains caffeine, jojoba oil and pomegranate extracts, along with SPF15. The finish is a rich satin, so a new one for me. Like always I smell my lipsticks and was pleasantly surprised to see that it didn't smell at all cheap. It actually had a nice sweet fruity scent to it, not as rich as MAC lipsticks, more chemically but still pleasant none the less.


mark. Liquid Lip Lacquer Sample in Dare to Bare, I am a massive fan of matte liquid lipsticks, so was intrigued to see mark. are bringing out their very own range. mark. claims that the formula will be comfortable to wear, give full matte coverage, provide colour that will last for hours and will not bleed.


The colour was very pretty, however I wasn't a fan of the texture or formula. It didn't dry to a matte finish more a satin look and didn't seem to ever fully dry like my go to Melted Matte Lippies from Too Faced. I did the kiss test on the back of my hand and there was a lot of transfer, which was very disappointing to me. It's safe to say that this is not going to be one I will buy a full size of. I would say that this is extremely similar to Nyx Liquid Suede Cream.

Overall I am pretty happy with the range and would love to try out more.

If you're a make-up lover then you will certainly love mark. so why not make your 'mark.'
Check out Suzanne's Avon for more mark. products.

Always be kind, you never know what personal battle people are fighting.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig