Tuesday 11 October 2016

Cohorted Black Beauty Box September 2016

After a long postage delay, I finally received my box a week late. I have to say I wasn't that impressed with the contents.


We once again received a sample sized product, which I think is pretty naff of them.
This sample was of the Mac False Lashes Mascara, Full size R.R.P £19.00.
This mascara isn't the best, it is really fine and doesn't define the lashes at all. I would say this is more of a lash primer to be used with a higher pigmented mascara.


This months brand discovery was Percy and Reed, a brand I had previously heard of in my Love Me Beauty subscription.

Percy & Reed Dry Shampoo, R.R.P £12.00.
This is one of the better dry shampoo's I have tried and love the feel of my hair after use. It keeps your hair fresh for a few days which is pretty impressive, but I am not surprised given the quality of their Dry Conditioner.

Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Overnight Recovery, R.R.P £18.00.
Having only used this once, I cannot give a decisive answer as to whether I think this really works. I only wash my hair once a week.. dirty I know but great for your hair, anyway when I did use this the night before my wash I did find it to be fairly hard to get in my hair. I seemed to have to use a substantial amount of product to get it right into my roots.


I will admit that I did condition my hair before shampooing it because I don't think that following their instructions would provide it with enough moisture. I didn't notice a difference in less frizz, however did think that my hair looked shinier and kept cleaner for longer, but then that could have been the reverse wash I did. I wouldn't have paid £18.00 for this I have to say.

Next up was this Nail Varnish, R.R.P £15.00. I told you it was a disappointing box, we had a nail polish in the previous box.. come on Cohorted.
This particular nail polish I wouldn't use, it is a transparent pink, however that work??? Plus I really don't think there is a difference in the quality of a polish if you pay more for it, so think this is over priced.


The final item and most exciting was this Cargo Land Down Under Eyeshadow Palette, R.R.P £35.00. This palette is actually really damn good, the colour is great and does stay creaseless throughout the day. The colours in this palette are very pretty and although I can't see myself wearing the blues the other nude colours are great for every day looks as well as creating a darker evening look. The eye pencil is great quality too, very black and glides on with ease. It smudges very easily too, great for creating an understated look.



With a total value of £85.00 this box hasn't impressed me and has lead me to re-think this subscription service. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Romanovs Views | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig